Barrettine’s Wood Protector is a wood sealer for rough, sawn or smooth timber. It contains water repellent resins and a biocide film wood preserver to prevent the surface growth of mould/algae and together this helps reduce decay, swelling, twisting of wood. Pigments have good UV fade resistance and will help protect wood from UV damage.
Barrettine’s Wood Protector is an ideal treatment for outdoor Treated timber structures such as Sheds, Fences, Trellis, Pergola and timber Gazeboes. As a wood sealer it provides excellent water repellency/beading. Oil / Spirit based for deeper penetration leaving a transparent/translucent finish colour effect to wood, where the grain texture is still visible. Available in a range of colours and clear, see colour swatch below. (Not ideal for decking or garden furniture structures as rub resistance may not be sufficient).
- UV Fade Resistant Colour Wood Stains / Pigments
- Deep Penetrating Oil/Spirit Low Odour Formula
- Harmless To Beneficial Insects & Plants When Dry
- Provides non-biocidal protection, nourishing the wood and repelling water ingress that can cause decay.
- Ideal for use on pre-treated timber
- Contains a surface biocide to protect against the growth of surface mould
- Contains quality resins, which repel water and physically protect the wood
- Available in clear and a range of colours
- Suggested for use on pre-preserved wood, e.g. pressure treated/tanalised timber
- Please refer to the product label for the full guidance and usage conditions.
Can be sprayed with a traditional pump action Garden style sprayer with viton seals. Protective treatment can also be sprayed using an airless sprayer (Wagner or Graco type) ideally using a minimum 1mm flat fan tip nozzle (9 – 11 thou tip). The sprayer must be thoroughly cleaned after application with white spirit and then oiled to protect the tip and moving parts (as per manufacturer’s instructions)